Thursday, August 6, 2009

SHAKE, RATTLE & ROCKET!

FOR DIRECT CASH, CHECK, OR MONEY ORDER PURCHASE:

$10.00

DC Larson
322 E. Louise St.
Waterloo, Iowa 50703

dcltrueleft@yahoo.com



LATEST REVIEW! FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND!

Posted by Peter in Books, Home Page Top Story, News, Reviews on October 8th, 2009

ALL THE FANTASTIC ADVENTURE DARING OF VINTAGE MOVIE MATINEE SERIAL HERO COMMANDO CODY, SKY MARSHALL OF THE UNIVERSE! ALL THE OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD ACTION OF 1950S TELEVISION CULT CLASSICS FLASH GORDON AND CAPTAIN VIDEO!

MAKE WAY FOR A NEW RETRO SCIENCE FICTION THRILL-TALE THAT WILL HAVE YOU MARVELING AT ITS MELODRAMA, LAUGHING AT ITS LIGHTER MOMENTS, AND IN THE PAGE -TURNING GRIP OF BEYOND-THE-STARS FREE-FOR-ALL MANIA!


SHAKE RATTLE & ROCKET
by DC Larson

“What happens when a two-fisted Earth scientist, a brainy glamour-girl robot, and a curve-crazy kid saucer jockey blast off into outer space?

Plenty, brother! Plenty!

Journey with Captain Eddie Atomic, Kioko, and Spunky as they pilot the X-9 saucer-rocket on a rip-roaring astral course, battling alien dangers, facing off against a flying saucer hot-rodding teenage gang, and crushing an intergalactic takeover plot that imperils Earth, itself!”

Mr. Larson emailed me a few weeks ago about Shake, Rattle & Rocket and I thought to myself…self this sounds interesting. He sent me copy post haste and I am glad he did.

I have been reviewing books now for just about a year for Famous Monsters and I’ve thought I’ve seen it all. Monsters, ghouls, depraved rednecks, serial killers, graphic violence and sex, etc. What I haven’t seen was a novella like this.

If you miss the days of movie matinee serials, Flash Gordon, movies with pie plate flying saucers and strings you are going to love Shake, Rattle & Rocket.

Just reading it brings me back to my childhood, watching reruns of classic serials, rubber monsters and spaceships dangling by a string with sparks shooting out of the back, Famous Monsters of Filmland Magazine and Saturday afternoon Creature Features. DC Larson has created something that all us monster kids can sink our teeth in.

There is no graphic violence, sex, blood or swearing at all. And believe me, there is no need for any.

It is well written, funny and a heck of a good read. This was the most fun I have had reading in a long time. If you miss the wholesome entertainment of a bygone era you should click on the link above and get Shake, Rattle & Rocket.

Mr. Larson has renewed my faith that you don’t need all the senseless gore, graphic sex and foul language to entertain.

This is a book I will treasure always and when things get out of control and I need to reflect back to a simpler time I will pull it out of my library and join in the adventures Captain Eddie Atomic and his sidekicks.

If you haven’t guessed by now I give this my highest recommendation.

No comments: